Thursday, March 5, 2015

Violet Box Feb 2015

Morning lovelies!

My Feb VB rocked up a couple of weeks after my Jan one, just before the end of the month.  I honestly think i'm slightly burnt out from boxes, i've been subscribed to one or another for the last 3.5 years, which is making it hard to get excited over a lot of the items sent out.  But that won't stop me from buying them, and this is a fairly good box.


Natural World Moroccan Argan Oil-$5.99-full size

I think we all know about Argan oil by now, right?  What i love about this one, though, is the price.  It's cheap!  It isn't pure oil, but it seems to be much the same formulation as the devoe (i think that's the brand) one, which isn't cheap.  It doesn't weigh down my hair, it doesn't make it greasy (unless i put too much near my roots), and it does a good job.  I'd repurchase it.
Teeez Trend Cosmetics Easy on the Eyes pencil-$26-full size

Teeez is back!  I like Teeez products.  I do have an eyeliner from them already, thanks to LHI's FAB box last year, but it's black with blue sparkles.  This is supposed to be long lasting and waterproof, however i agree with every other review i've read.  It smudges, it moves, etc, etc, and that's just from swatching.  However it'd be great for a smokey eye, it's lovely and soft, and really pigmented.  And as always the packaging is amazing.
Emite Make Up BB Highlighting Pen-$32-full size

I'm liking the products from this brand.  This is called a Highlighting pen, however the instructions say it's a concealer.  I'm yet to play with this, but it swatches nicely, and if it works well would be perfect to throw in your handbag for touch ups.
Suki Exfoliate Foaming cleanser-$46.95-sample size

Other skincare companies, take note.  This is how you do a sample.  This sample is 1/4 the size of the full size product, which gives you a really good feel for the product.  This is all natural, smells yummy (very lemony), and makes my skin feel amazing.  It has sugar crystals to exfoliate, and foams up beautifully.  I must admit i though i could smell something chemical-ish when i was using it, it's probably just one of the essential oils used, but it was an unpleasant undertone to the rest of the product.  Otherwise i love this.
Pretty Woman Magnetix Nail Polish-$9.99-full size

OK.

A)  Didn't we only just get a magnetic nail polish (dec maybe)
B)  Since when were they back in fashion?  I remember buying one on clearance at woolies a couple of years ago, for around $2

Honestly, i'm really not impressed to see this.  It feels like they needed a spot filled, and this was all there was.  It's a pretty colour (an antique-y gold), but it wears off quickly, and isn't the best formula.
Teeez eyeliner and Emite Highlighter
 All in all i like the box, it is fairly well curated (bar that nail polish), and has a good mix of brands/products.



No comments:

Post a Comment