Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Benefit Roller Lash

Morning Ladies!

Everyone knows of Benefit, right?  Products like They're Real have made their way into beauty must haves, and the newest is Roller Lash!  I was lucky enough to win a pack from Benefit a few weeks ago, it arrived on Monday and i'm here to tell you all about the new product.
This is the pack i won, a gorgeous Benefit cosmetics bag (photos do not do it justice, it's sparkly, and shimmery, and just beautiful), and a full sized Roller Lash mascara. 
The Roller Lash packaging is lovely, the pink handle is rubberised, so is so easy to keep a grip on.  It feels solid, and isn't going to break.  One thing to keep in mind is that the handle will attract dirt and grime like no tomorrow (as all rubberised packaging does), nothing that a quick wipe down can't fix, though.

From the Benefit website:

It’s a roller for lashes! The eye-opening Hook ‘n’ Roll™ brush grabs, separates, lifts and curls…while the instant curve-setting formula holds for 12 hours.
Curl Power!
97% said it visibly lifts lashes*
87% said it gives long-lasting curl*
94% said eyes look more wide open*
 
Easy-to-remove
Contains Provitamin B5 and Serin, ingredients known for their lash-conditioning benefits
Water-resistant
Ink black
Satin finish

Roller Lash is made in France, each tube contains 8.5g of product and i can't seem to find if the packaging is recyclable or if the company tests on animals (if anyone knows, let me know :) )

Now on to the fun part, swatches!  My lashes aren't the worst out there, they're not the longest, but thickish and with a decent mascara look respectable. 
This is me with nothing on (sorry about that).  As you can see my lashes aren't marvelous, but they're there.
This is one coat of Roller Lash.  As you can see it's added some curl, and it has definitely made my lashes show up.
And this is 2 coats.  More curl!

I like Roller Lash.  It helped curl my lashes, thus opening up my eyes, it didn't clump them together, it was easy to use and i think gave decent results.  I did find my lashes sticking together slightly over the day (i rubbed my eyes a couple of times, and my lashes felt funny afterwards), and due to the rubbing i did get slight panda eyes.  Otherwise it didn't move, it didn't flake, and my lashes still looked good at the end of the day.  I will admit i went to bed with it on (lazy i know), so i can't tell you how easy it is to remove, but i didn't wake up with mascara everywhere, which is a good thing.

Roller Lash isn't the best mascara i've ever tried (i think that award is a tie between They're Real and Essence's Lash Princess), but it is definitely up there with the better ones.  It works well, looks great, and allows you to skip a step of your makeup routine.

Have you tried Roller Lash yet?  What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. I haven't tried this yet, but I am dying to do so! My lashes are quite straight and stubborn, it takes a lot for them to curl and most non waterproof mascaras makes them droop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. have you seen this?

      "Hey gorgeous you can trade in your old eyelash curlers at any Benefit counter for a FREE roller lash deluxe sample. It's time to trade in a zero and get with a hero"

      Delete
  2. My friend bought me one back from her hols in duty free for me. I think it's really great, just a shame about the price tag. Such a pricey item for something we all use daily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh I really like the look this gives! I saw the wand in Sephora and it looks so cool. I'm going to wait for a mini size of this to come out to try!

    Would love if you check out my blog!
    Raincouver Beauty

    ReplyDelete