Monday, September 1, 2014

So Susan Flutter Mascara

Morning all!

I've had just over a month playing with this mascara (it was a product from the July Violet Box), and i thought i'd write up my thoughts on it.

The pictures aren't the best, but the packaging is gorgeous.  A gold tube, with black lettering, and a gorgeous little hummingbird on the lid.  It really looks like a high end product, and a lovely change from the normal black mascara tubing.
The brush is a basic mascara wand, nothing overly special but it does a decent job.  A few people had issues with product squirting out of the packaging when the wand was replaced in the tube, luckily it didn't happen to me.

There ends anything positive i have to say about the product.  Unfortunately this isn't the best mascara, and after talking to a few people i'm not the only one with issues.  Firstly it doesn't do much, it makes your eyelashes blacker, but does nothing for length or fullness.  It doesn't clump, but unless you have super long, thick eyelashes it isn't going to give you much definition.  It would work for someone who only wanted to darken their lashes, but that then leads to the other problem.  It doesn't dry, at least not quickly.  I wear glasses, and i'll normally take about 5 minutes from applying my mascara to putting my glasses back on.  This has transferred to my glasses, and i've ended up with it on my eyelids, or transferred to my fingers, for quite a while after application.  After chatting to some other VB subscribers we have all encountered the same thing, so it isn't just my tube.

So, all in all, this is not worth the $32 it retails for, and isn't something i would recommend buying.


No comments:

Post a Comment