Monday, September 8, 2014

Liebster Award Nomination!

Wow!  I cam home from the footy the other night (my team won!) to find that the lovely Aimee from http://www.laughinggalah.com had nominated me for a Liebster Award.  Thank you so much Aimee!  If you don't already go and check out her blog, it's amazing.

The rules for the Liebester are as follows:
  • You need to thank the blogger who nominated you
  • You need to answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger
  • Nominate 6-11 blogs with under 200 followers
  • Ask your nominees 11 questions, that they can post on their blog
The questions I've been asked are:


1. What made you decide to start blogging?  A love of products and the fact my husband gets sick of listening to me rave on about boxes and what's in them (he does read my blog, so he knows what's going on).  I started it on a whim years ago to share some bargains and freebies i had discovered, then due to being busy with our family i forgot about it (there is another forgotten blog, too).  I remembered it earlier this year and here i am!
2. If you could improve one thing about your blog, what would it be?  Other than its visibility, not really.  I'm fairly happy with the content, although i wish there was some magical way to link my facebook in to blogger (if anyone knows, fill me in.  the only ways i can find involve playing around with the code)
3. Do you have a favourite blogger or youtuber who you can’t go a day without checking to see if they have posted anything new?  Nope.  I have the bloglovin app so check it at least daily, and there is 1 youtube channel (gooroobeauty) i will watch her hauls etc.  But no-one i specifically go  out of my way to check.
4. Name three beauty items that you always have available in your handbag?  Currently there are a collection of lip products (mainly Just Bitten balm sticks, they are just so easy to use), handcream (small crabtree and evelyn ones) and a folding hairbrush (a lady jayne aztec one, some days we run out the door and i realise i haven't done a childs hair, mainly my little miss)
5. Do you have any pets? If not, what sort would you like if you were able to get one?  Does a toddler count?  No pets, although i think hamsters are adorable (we can't have them here in Australia, we have to make do with Zhu Zhu pets.  do they count?  we have about 30 of them), and i want a dragon! 
6.What location is at the top of your must see destinations list?  Japan!  Geisha, cherry blossoms, awesome cosmetics and an amazing culture
7. If you could choose any job to have in the world what would it be?  Anything that got me out of the house!  Nah, i think being a beauty writer for a mag would be fun for a while, being paid to do what i currently do for free.
8. Who is the most influential person in your life right now?  As soppy as it sounds ,my mum.  But that is more for my personal life then anything else.
9. What is your favourite pastime?  Do i have to pick 1?  I love reading, i love craft (i'm currently part way through this amazing cowl, it's slightly fiddly crochet, but gorgeous), and i've always loved playing with make up.
10. What is one food item you can’t live without?  Sushi?  Nup, my spaghetti sauce.  I could live off it.
11. If you could meet anyone in the world who would you choose?  Either a real life geisha. or Alanis Morissette. 

I nominate (i'm going off bloglovin followers):

Jess-http://tasmanbeautyandthebeast.wordpress.com/

Ebony-http://mybeautyconfessional.wordpress.com

Faiza (a fellow Canberran!)- http://australianbeautyonbudget.blogspot.com.au/

Krissy (please excuse me if i have your name wrong :) )-http://hissycatkrissy.blogspot.com.au

Basmah- http://laceeandlattes.blogspot.com/

Taylor- http://www.taylordevil.com/

And your questions (if you choose to answer)

1. What made you decide to start blogging?
2. What’s your favourite fragrance and why?
3. What is one thing you can't live without? And it can be anything in the world!

4. Drug store make up or high end make up? And why?
5.What makeup product are you leaning towards buying but haven't yet?
6. What’s your every day look like?
7. What are three makeup products you would recommend to a makeup newbie?
8. Favourite lip product of all time?
9. What posts do you like to read the most?
10. Do you have any guilty pleasures, if so what are they?
11.  What is 1 piece of advise you would give to your 13 year old self?

Thanks Again Aimee!!  And i look forward to reading some answers.

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha it is pretty funny that you should write this post now.
    I have literally just finished writing one of these posts where I nominated you. But don't worry about doing the questions since you just did this one.
    The link is here http://makeupwithkrystle.blogspot.com.au/2014/09/leibester-award-for-blogging.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Olivia,
    No worries Olivia, I hope you had fun answering the questions.
    Yes, you can count Zhu Zhu pets- they would be super easy to take care of :)
    Like you, I wish we could get hamsters here in Australia, they are so cute.
    I'm going to have to give the Just Bitten balm sticks a go. I have seen them in the shops; however I just haven't got around to trying them.

    Kind regards
    Aimee :)
    from www.laughinggalah.com

    ReplyDelete